2023 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Monday, October 30, 2023|
|Location:||Mallet Event Center (2320 S State Hwy 385) – Levelland|
|Entry Fee:||$15 – No Late Registration!!|
|4-H Online:||Opens: September 30, 2023 – Closes: October 13, 2023
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||See chart below. (Times are subject to change.)|
|For More Information, Contact:||Ronda White, (325) 573-5423
|Intermediates II/ Juniors 1||Juniors 2|
|In Parking Lot:||9:30 AM||11:30 AM||1:30 PM|
|Check In:||9:40 AM||11:40 AM||1:40 PM|
|Contest Begins:||9:55 AM||11:55 PM||1:55 PM|
**Times are subject to change.
An additional heat for Juniors may be added after the last Junior heat if needed.
Results Announced: Awards will be announced on Facebook at “South Plains – District2 4-H” with no in person awards ceremony.
We will be using the Remind Text App to communicate to teams and parents during the contest. Everyone will need to sign up for this year’s contest text thread:
- Senior Members: @d2fcsenior
- Intermediate Members: @d2fcinter
- Junior Members: @d2fcjunior
To join, text 81010 and in the message type the appropriate code. If you have youth in multiple age groups please join the Remind for each age division they are COMPETING in.
Contest Resources for ALL age groups:
- My Plate Mini Poster: https://texas4-H.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/MyPlate-Mini-Poster.pdf
- Fight Bac – Fight Foodborne Bacteria Brochure: Link
- Know Your Nutrients: Link
- MyPlate Daily Servings Chart
- Only Juniors get this resource for contest day
- 2023 Scoresheet – Juniors
- 2023 Scoresheet – Intermediates
- 2023-2024 Food Challenge Presentation & Preparation Scoresheet – Senior–
Senior Study Resources for Additional Presentation Questions:
- Following the 5-minute team presentation seniors only will be asked 3 additional questions related to general nutrition, health, chronic disease prevention or other relevant to food and nutrition. Please use the following resources to prepare teams for these questions. My Plate Mini-Poster, Fight Bac, Know Your Nutrients, Food Safety Fact Sheet
Additional Contest Resources: