2018-19 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Monday, October 29, 2018|
|Location:||Mallet Event Center (2320 S State Hwy 385) – Levelland|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: October 5 – Closes: October 19, 2018
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||See chart below.|
||2018-19 Food Challenge – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Wendy Scott, (806) 777-9934|
|Age Group:||Seniors||Intermediates||Juniors I||Juniors II|
|Check In:||10:00 AM||11:45 AM||1:45 PM||3:45 PM|
|Contest Begins:||10:30 AM||12:15 PM||2:15 PM||4:15 PM|
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Andy Hart, (806) 746-6101 two weeks prior to the contest.
9/4/2018 FaceBook Live Recording for the 2018-19 Food Challenge Contest:
It's Food Challenge 2018 Time!!!
Posted by South Plains – District 2 4-H on Tuesday, September 4, 2018
Contest and Study Resources:
All age divisions (Juniors, Intermediates and Seniors) will all utilize the following resources:
All of these resources can be found at http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/
Click on the “4-H Members” tab for the following resources:
Click on the “Contests” tab for the following resources:
- Texas 4-H Food Challenge Rules and Guidelines Manual
- Worksheet – this one is for seniors only
- FightBAC – Fight Foodborne Bacteria Brochure
- MyPlate – 10 Tips to a Great Plate (intermediates and seniors only)
- Know Your Nutrients (Seniors and intermediates will be given the entire packet; juniors will be given charts only)
- Food Safety Fact Sheet
Click on the “Volunteer” tab for the following resources:
- Foodie Fanatics – A Food Challenge Recipe Resource
- Lesson Plans, Coaching Tips and Recipe Bank
Pinterest Board “District 2 4-H Food Challenge Practice Recipes”
For a complete list of resources see the Texas 4-H Food Challenge Website:
Additional Intermediate Resources:
- Intermediate – District Food Challenge Score Sheet
- Intermediate – Food Challenge Helpful Hints (updated)
- Intermediate – Food Challenge Worksheet
Additional Junior Resources:
- Junior – District Food Challenge Score Sheet
- Junior – Food Challenge Helpful Hints (updated)
- Junior – Food Challenge Worksheet
- Junior – Food Challenge Box Items
- MyPlate Wheel (juniors only): https://nutrition.eatsmart.org/products/myplate-wheel. The MyPlate Wheel starts at the age of 9.
- MyPlate for 8–year old juniors: https://www.choosemyplate.gov/MyPlate-Daily-Checklist. You will need to scroll the bottom of page, choose calorie level, then print (or see chart below).
|MyPlate Daily Checklist – Age 4-8 (updated)|
|1200 Calories||1400 Calories||1600 Calories|
|1800 Calories||2000 Calories|
Please also look at “Contest and Study Resources” shown above for resources that may be for all groups.
|4-H Year||Food Challenge