2019-20 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Monday, October 28, 2019|
|Location:||Mallet Event Center (2320 S State Hwy 385) – Levelland|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: October 4 – Closes: October 18, 2019
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||See chart below.|
||2019-20 Food Challenge – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Wendy Scott, (806) 561-4562|
|Intermediates II||Juniors I||Juniors II|
|Check In:||10:00 AM||11:45 AM||1:45 PM||4:00 PM|
|Contest Begins:||10:30 AM||12:15 PM||2:15 PM||4:30 PM|
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Wendy Scott, (806) 561-4562 two weeks prior to the contest.
There will be a Food Challenge Training on Tuesday, 9/3/2019, at 7 p.m. via FaceBook Live.
Contest and Study Resources:
Website for MyPlate Wheels (starts at the age of 9):
Pinterest Board “District 2 4-H Food Challenge Practice Recipes”
For a complete list of resources see the Texas 4-H Food Challenge Website:
All of these resources can be found at:
- Texas 4-H Food Challenge Rules and Guidelines 2019-20
- Food Safety Fact Sheet
- FightBAC – Fight Foodborne Bacteria Brochure
- Know Your Nutrients (Seniors and intermediates will be given the entire packet)
- MyPlate Mini Poster
Additional Senior and Intermediate Resources:
- Senior – Food Challenge Worksheet (teaching tool; will not be provided at contest)
- Senior/Intermediate – Food Challenge Supply Box List
- Intermediate – District Food Challenge Score Sheet
- Intermediate – Food Challenge Worksheet (teaching tool; will not be provided at contest)
Additional Junior Resources:
- Junior – District Food Challenge Score Sheet
- Junior – Food Challenge Worksheet (teaching tool; will not be provided at contest)
- Junior – Food Challenge Box Items
- Junior – Nutrition Concepts
- MyPlate for 8–year old juniors: https://www.choosemyplate.gov/MyPlate-Daily-Checklist. You will need to scroll the bottom of page, choose calorie level, then print (or see chart below).
|MyPlate Daily Checklist – Age 4-8 (updated)|
|1200 Calories||1400 Calories||1600 Calories|
|1800 Calories||2000 Calories|
Please also look at “Contest and Study Resources” shown above for resources that may be for all groups.
|4-H Year||Food Challenge