2022-23 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Tuesday, November 8, 2022|
|Location:||Mallet Event Center (2320 S State Hwy 385) – Levelland|
No Late Registration!!
|4-H Online:||Opens: October 10, 2022 – Closes: October 21, 2022
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||See chart below. (Times are subject to change.)|
||2022-2023 Food Challenge – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Ronda White, (325) 573-5423
|Intermediates II||Juniors I|
|In Parking Lot:||9:30 AM||11:30 AM||1:30 PM|
|Check In:||9:45 AM||11:45 AM||1:45 PM|
|Contest Begins:||10:15 AM||12:15 PM||2:15 PM|
**Times are subject to change.
An additional heat for Juniors may be added after the last Junior heat if needed.
Results Announced: Awards will be announced on Facebook at “South Plains – District2 4-H” with no in person awards ceremony.
Participants with disabilities: Any competitor who requires auxiliary aids, special accommodations, or has questions about the physical access provided must contact the County Office or Ronda White (325)573-5423 at least two weeks before the competition.
We will be using the Remind Text App to communicate to teams and parents during the contest. To join: Text 81010 and in the message type: @d2food. This is a NEW remind group. Everyone will need to sign up for this year’s contest text thread.
- State Food Challenge Resources
- D2 Food Challenge Specific Resources
Contest Resources for ALL age groups:
- My Plate Mini Poster: https://texas4-H.tamu.edu/wp-content/uploads/MyPlate-Mini-Poster.pdf
- Fight Bac – Fight Foodborne Bacteria Brochure: Link
- Know Your Nutrients: Link
- MyPlate Daily Servings Chart
- Only Juniors get this resource for contest day
- 2022 Scoresheet – Juniors
- 2022 Scoresheet – Intermediates
- 2022-2023 Food Challenge Preparation Scoresheet – Senior-
- 2022-2023 Food Challenge Presentation Scoresheet – Senior-
Senior Study Resources for Additional Presentation Questions:
- Following the 5-minute team presentation seniors only will be asked 3 additional questions related to general nutrition, health, chronic disease prevention or other relevant to food and nutrition. Please use the following resources to prepare teams for these questions. My Plate Mini-Poster, Fight Bac, Know Your Nutrients, Food Safety Fact Sheet
Additional Contest Resources:
|4-H Year||Food Challenge