2021-22 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Saturday, December 11, 2021|
|Location:||Sundown High School (701 School St, Sundown)|
|Entry Fee:||$15/Late $25|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: Nov. 15 – Closes: Nov. 29, 2021
Late: Nov. 30, 2021
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Packet Pick-Up: 1:00 p.m.
Contest Begins: 1:30 p.m.
||2021-22 Consumer Decision Making – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Robert Scott, (806) 775-1740
Melode Watson, (806) 675-2347
What is That? Consumer Decision Making
– YouTube Video recording published 01/12/2021: https://youtu.be/mtNbzEZUojU
This contest will be using scantron forms this year. Please make sure your 4-H members can fill out a Universal A scantron form – Universal A Scantron Form – Sample
Classes ‐ There will be six classes for all divisions at the contest. Five classes will be selected from the Texas 4‐H Consumer Decision Making Study Guide.
In addition to these 5 classes, Juniors, Intermediates and Seniors will judge one mystery class.
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Wendy Scott, (806) 746‐6101 at least two weeks prior to the contest.
Sample Classes (used in previous years contest)
2015-16 CDM Class #1 – Bottled Water
2019-20 CDM Class #1 – Backpacks
2019-20 CDM Class #2 – Sunglasses
2019-20 CDM Class #3 – Jr/Int – Wireless Portable Speakers
2019-20 CDM Class #3 – Sr – Wireless Portable Speakers
2019-20 CDM Class #4 – Fitness Tracker
2019-20 CDM Class #5 – Jr/Int – Earbuds
2019-20 CDM Class #5 – Sr – Earbuds
2019-20 CDM Class #6 – Jr/Int – Games
2019-20 CDM Class #6 – Sr – Vacation Pkgs
- Consumer Education Website: http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/consumer-education/
- D-2 Consumer Decision Making Video’s (see below)
- CDM Jepardy
- 2020-21 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2019-20 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2018-19 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2017-18 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2016-17 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2015-16 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2014-15 Consumer Decision Making – Results
- 2013-14 Consumer Decision Making – Results
District 2 developed a video on Consumer Decision Making (CDM) and has posted it on You Tube. The video is in two parts, so please view both of the videos. The videos discuss the Consumer Education project and the CDM Contest. The contest portion is broken down into: how to coach a team, a sample class and reasons. Forms used in the video are available below.