For well over 100 years, 4-H has inspired families, shaped careers, and impacted communities. On October 2nd – 7th we will celebrate the impact of 4-H during National 4-H Week. Below are some ways you can celebrate 4-H! I encourage you to use this week to not only promote your local 4-H program, but also to show gratitude for the support received from your community!
The 2023 National 4-H Week Theme is:
- Set up a 4-H promotional booth somewhere in the community or at school!
- Deliver goodies to all of the 4-H supporters/stakeholders in your community
- Get your Commissioners’ Court to sign the National 4-H Week Proclamation
- Go on the radio to deliver a 4-H PSA
- Reach out to local news stations to promote National 4-H Week
- Wear your 4-H Gear all week!
- Make National 4-H Week Social Media Posts
- Submit articles/graphics to run in the newspaper
- Write a newspaper feature story on a 4-H member or two
- Highlight different 4-H members/projects/contests each day of the week on social media.
- Make thank you cards to send to your 4-H supporters
- Have a “green out” at school… get everyone to wear green one day!
- Make 4-H coloring sheets to give to the elementary schools
- Ask your principal to recognize national 4-H week on the morning announcements
- Make flyers to pass out at school, at the grocery store, church etc.
- Make posters to place around the community
- Ask local businesses to put up signs/flyers in their windows
- Find places willing to fly the 4-H flag for the week!
- See if your city is interested in 4-H light pole signs
- Have a group of 4-H members give an interpretative presentation to the Commissioners’ Court
- Go promote 4-H at the Rotary Club meeting
- Donate goodies to the Teacher’s Lounges to thank them for their support of 4-H
- Conduct a fundraiser for 4-H scholarships/projects/camps/contests
- Complete a community service project
- Organize something for One Day 4-H
- Host a 4-H Carnival
- Host a 4-H day in the park
- Make 4-H book marks to donate to Libraries
- Make 4-H Placemats for the Senior Citizens Center
- Window paint vehicles with the 4-H Clover (with permission)
- Order One Day 4-H T-shirts
- Create your own County/Club T-Shirts to sell.
- Come up with daily social media challenges that help promote 4-H!
- Post 4-H throwback pictures!
- Create a 4-H Project Promotional Poster!
- Have a Project Poster Fair
- Host a 4-H Reunion
- Recruit new 4-H Volunteers
- Share your 4-H Story any way you can!
- Host a 4-H Pep Rally
- Make 4-H Decorations to deliver to local nursing homes
- Delivery something to brand new 4-H members to welcome them!
- Make 4-H yard signs to display!
- Change your social media profile picture to one with a 4-H Frame
- Pass out 4-H pencils at school!
- Host a 4-H Family Movie Night
- Create Custom 4-H Stickers to give away
- Make promotional videos with 4-H’ers in your club/county.
- Ask local businesses who have a marquee or light up sign to display a 4-H message
- Have a 4-H ice-cream or watermelon social!
- Host a 4-H scavenger hunt
- Set up 4-H photobooths at schools/grocery stores/banks/local businesses
- Leave 4-H flyers at grocery stores to be picked up!
- Ask local businesses if you can display a project poster for the week!
- Have older 4-H members go visit elementary classes to read a book or have lunch
Here are lots of resources to utilize:
National 4‑H Week – Social Media Graphics
Downloads are available in Zip file format.
Download – Social-4-H is a Feeling-Retro 1080×1080
Download – Social-LOVE 1080×1080
Download – 4-H is a Feeling 1080×1920
Download – 4-H is a Feeling Retro 1080×1920
Download – LOVE 1080×1920
Download – Virtual Background
Download – Virtual Backgrounds Retro
Download – Virtual Backgrounds-LOVE
Download – I Heart 4-H
Download – Social-4-H is a Feeling 1080×1080
These 8.5 x 11 printable PDFs can be used for events and meetings or in storefront windows and bulletin boards. These can also be used to print and distribute as “at home” packets to celebrate the week. Downloads are available in Zip file format.
Download – Ads and Fliers – 4-H is a Feeling-Retro 8.5×11
Download – Ads and Fliers – 4-H is a Feeling 8.5×11
Download – Ads and Fliers – LOVE 8.5×11
Download – Pull-Up Banners 1
Download – Pull-Up Banners 2
Download – Pull-Up Banners 3
You can also create an account to download the materials directly from the National 4-H website.