2017-18 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Saturday, November 11, 2017|
|Location:||Levelland High School (1400 Hickory) (map)|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: TBA, 2017 – Closes: TBA, 2017
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Check In: TBA a.m.
Contest Begins: TBA a.m.
|For More Information, Contact:||Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726|
The 2017-2018 Theme: Recipes submitted should reflect this year’s theme, “Fresh from the Farm”.
Community Service Project for 2017-18: TBA
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Andy Hart, (806) 746‐6101 by October 29, 2016.
- 2017-18 Food Show Scorecard – Senior (coming soon)
- 2017-18 Food Show Scorecard – Intermediate (coming soon)
- 2017-18 Food Show Scorecard – Junior (coming soon)
- Folder Labels
- Family & Consumer Sciences: Youth Programs: http://fcs.tamu.edu/youth-programs/ – This link has the State Food Show Guidelines (updated annually in September)
- MyPlate: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Food Safety: http://www.fightbac.org/
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2010: http://www.cnpp.usda.gov/dgas2010-policydocument.htm
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service: Nutrient Needs at a Glance
Theme “Family Favorites” Resources:
- Make Easy & Healthy Meals https://choosemyplate-prod.azureedge.net/sites/default/files/printablematerials/MyPlateForMyFamily-ParticipantHandouts.pdf
- The Importance of Family Mealtime http://food.unl.edu/documents/The%20Importance%20of%20Family%20Mealtime.02.01.10.pdf
- Family Mealtime http://store.msuextension.org/publications/HomeHealthandFamily/MT200403HR.pdf
- 2016-17 Food Show – Results
- 2015-16 Food Show – Results
- 2014-15 Food Show – Results
- 2013-14 Food Show – Results
- 2016-17 Food Show
- 2015-16 Food Show
- 2014-15 Food Show