2021-22 District 2
|Date:||Saturday, December 11, 2021|
|Location:||Sundown High School (701 School St, Sundown)|
|Entry Fee:||$15/Late $25|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: November 15 – Closes: November 29, 2021
Late: Opens: November 30 – Closes: November 30, 2021
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Check In: 8:30 a.m.
Contest Begins: 9:00 a.m.
|Contest Letter & Guide:
||2021-22 Food Show – Letter
2021-22 District 2 Food Show – Guide (updated 9-14-21)
|For More Information, Contact:||Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726
Audra Guess, (806) 291-5267
“What is That? District 2 4-H Food Show”
YouTube Video posted 03/03/2021: https://youtu.be/DU2Y4Hr5tzY
All Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service COVID-19 guidelines applicable at the time of the Food Show will be followed. (See plans B & C in the Guide).
The 2021-22 Theme:
Recipes submitted should reflect this year’s theme, “Backyard BBQ“.
Community Service Project for 2021-22:
Please bring individually wrapped, non-perishable snack items (i.e.-peanut butter crackers, pop tarts, fruit snacks) to the donated to the local food bank.
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Wendy Scott at (806) 746-6101 at least two weeks prior to the event.
- 2021-22 Food Show Scorecard – Senior (User Friendly)
- 2021-22 Food Show Scorecard – Intermediate (User Friendly) – Updated 09-14-21
- 2021-22 Food Show Scorecard – Junior (User Friendly) Updated 09-14-21
- Texas 4-H – Healthy Living – Food & Nutrition: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/ – This link has the State Food Show Guidelines (updated annually in Aug/Sept)
- MyPlate http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Food Safety https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans http://health.gov/DietaryGuidelines/
- Preparation Principles & Function of Ingredients
- Know Your Nutrients
- Nutrient Needs at a Glance
Theme “Backyard BBQ” Resources:
- Texas Beef Council: https://beeflovingtexans.com/
- Dinner Tonight: https://dinnertonight.tamu.edu/
- TAMU-BBQ Texas: https://bbq.tamu.edu/
- BBQ Guys: https://www.bbqguys.com/
|4-H Year||Food Show
|Results||2020-21||Results (First Year)|