2019-20 District 2
|Date:||Saturday, November 9, 2019|
|Location:||Levelland High School (1400 Hickory) (map)|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: October 16 – Closes: October 30, 2019
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Check In: 8:30 a.m.
Contest Begins: 9:00 a.m.
|Contest Letter & Guide:
||2019-20 Food Show – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726|
The 2019-20 Theme:
Recipes submitted should reflect this year’s theme, “Food Around the World“.
Community Service Project for 2019-20:
Please bring individually wrapped, non-perishable snack items (i.e.-peanut butter crackers, pop tarts, fruit snacks) to the donated to “Bill’s Backpack’s” in Levelland.
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726 two weeks prior to the event.
- 2019-20 Food Show Scorecard-Senior
- 2019-20 Food-Show-Scorecard-Intermediate
- 2019-20 Food-Show-Scorecard-Junior
- Folder Labels
- Texas 4-H – Healthy Living – Food & Nutrition: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/ – This link has the State Food Show Guidelines (updated annually in September)
- My Plate
- MyPlate Mini Poster
- Food Safety
- Dietary Guidelines For Americans
- Preparation Principles & Function of Ingredients
- Know Your Nutrients
- Nutrient Needs at a Glance
- Food Safety Fact Sheet
Theme “Food Around the World” Resources:
- 10 Tips: Eating Foods Away from Home / Choose MyPlate
- Altering Recipes for Good Health
- Easy, Tasty, Healthy: Simple Ingredient Substitutions for Your Recipes
- Modifying a Recipe to be Healthier
- Now Serving: Recipe Makeovers!
|4-H Year||Food Show