2017-18 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Saturday, November 11, 2017|
|Location:||Levelland High School (1400 Hickory) (map)|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: October 17, 2017 – Closes: October 31, 2017
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Check In: 8:30 a.m.
Contest Begins: 9:00 a.m.
|Contest Letter & Guide:
||2017-18 Food Show – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726|
The 2017-2018 Theme:
Recipes submitted should reflect this year’s theme, “Fresh from the Farm“.
Community Service Project for 2017-18:
Since the D-2 4-H Food Show falls on Veterans’ Day, a monetary collection will be taken benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project.
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Andy Hart, (806) 746‐6101 two weeks prior to the event.
- 2017-18 Food Show Scorecard – Senior
- 2017-18 Food Show Scorecard – Intermediate
- 2017-18 Food Show Scorecard – Junior
- Folder Labels
- Family & Consumer Sciences: Youth Programs: http://fcs.tamu.edu/youth-programs/ – This link has the State Food Show Guidelines (updated annually in September)
- My Plate http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
Use these sites to help you determine you determine the serving amounts you need daily from each group.
- Food Safety: http://www.fightbac.org/
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans: http://health.gov/DietaryGuidelines/
- Preparation Principles & Function of Ingredients
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service: Nutrient Needs at a Glance
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service: Nutrient Needs at a Glance (kid friendly)
Theme “Fresh from the Farm” Resources:
- Beef from Farm to Table
- Produce: Selecting and Serving it Safely
- Raw Produce Selecting and Serving it Safely https://www.fda.gov/downloads/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/ucm174142.pdf
- Health and Wellness Resource Guide for Fruits & Vegetables https://www.fda.gov/downloads/food/foodborneillnesscontaminants/ucm174142.pdf
- “The Garden Grocery: Food Safety & Selection at the Farmer’s Market” PowerPoint
- “The Garden Grocery: Food Safety & Selection at the Farmer’s Market” Handout
|4-H Year||Food Show