2019-20 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Saturday, November 9, 2019|
|Location:||Levelland High School (1400 Hickory) (map)|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: October 16 – Closes: October 30, 2019
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Check In: 8:30 a.m.
Contest Begins: 9:00 a.m.
|Contest Letter & Guide:
||2019-20 Food Show – Letter (coming soon)
2019-20 Food Show – Guide
|For More Information, Contact:||Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726|
The 2019-2020 Theme:
Recipes submitted should reflect this year’s theme, “Food Around the World“.
Community Service Project for 2019-20:
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726 two weeks prior to the event.
- 2018-19 Food Show Scorecard – Senior
- 2018-19 Food Show Scorecard – Intermediate
- 2018-19 Food Show Scorecard – Junior
- Folder Labels
- Texas 4-H – Healthy Living – Food & Nutrition: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/ – This link has the State Food Show Guidelines (updated annually in September)
- My Plate
- MyPlate Mini Poster
- Food Safety
- Dietary Guidelines For Americans
- Preparation Principles & Function of Ingredients
- Know Your Nutrients
- Nutrient Needs at a Glance
- Food Safety Fact Sheet
Theme “Food Around the World” Resources:
- 10 Tips: Eating Foods Away from Home / Choose MyPlate
- Altering Recipes for Good Health
- Easy, Tasty, Healthy: Simple Ingredient Substitutions for Your Recipes
- Modifying a Recipe to be Healthier
- Now Serving: Recipe Makeovers!
|4-H Year||Food Show