2018-19 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Saturday, November 17, 2018|
|Location:||Levelland High School (1400 Hickory) (map)|
|4-H Connect:||Opens: October 23 – Closes: November 6, 2018
Counties may set alternate registration deadlines. Please check with your County for their deadlines.
|Event Time:||Check In: 8:30 a.m.
Contest Begins: 9:00 a.m.
|Contest Letter & Guide:
||2018-19 Food Show – Letter|
|For More Information, Contact:||Calley Runnels, (806) 995-3726|
The 2018-2019 Theme:
Recipes submitted should reflect this year’s theme, “Restaurant Re-Creations“.
Community Service Project for 2017-18:
Please bring bottled water to be donated to fire departments in our district and/or canned goods to be donated to food banks in our district.
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Andy Hart, (806) 746‐6101 two weeks prior to the event.
- 2018-19 Food Show Scorecard – Senior
- 2018-19 Food Show Scorecard – Intermediate
- 2018-19 Food Show Scorecard – Junior
- Folder Labels
- Texas 4-H – Healthy Living – Food & Nutrition: https://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/ – This link has the State Food Show Guidelines (updated annually in September)
- MyPlate: http://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Food Safety: http://www.fightbac.org/
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans: http://health.gov/DietaryGuidelines/
- Preparation Principles & Function of Ingredients
- Know Your Nutrients
- Nutrient Needs at a Glance
- Food Safety Fact Sheet
Theme “Restaurant Re-Creations” Resources:
- Altering Recipes for Good Health
- Restaurant meals: How to make them healthier – Harvard Health
- 10 Tips: Eating Foods Away from Home / Choose MyPlate
- Easy, Tasty, Healthy: Simple Ingredient Substitutions for Your Recipes
- Now Serving: Recipe Makeovers!
- Modifying a Recipe to be Healthier
|4-H Year||Food Show