2016-17 District 2 4-H
|Date:||Saturday, November 12, 2016|
|Location:||Levelland High School (1400 Hickory) (map)|
|Check In:||9:45 a.m.|
|Contest Begins:||10:30 a.m.|
|For More Information, Contact:||Nancy McDonald, (806) 495-4400|
If you need any type of accommodation to participate in this program or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact the county office or Andy Hart, (806) 746‐6101 by October 28, 2016.
- ADA American Dietetic Association’s Complete Food and Nutrition Guide, 4th edition
Roberta Larson Duyff, MS, RD, CFCS 2012, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Note: Please use the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. The ADA Guide refers to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines and should only be used for standard nutrition information, not used as a reference for Dietary Guidelines.
- FOOD = AAFCS Food: A Handbook of Terminology, Purchasing, and Preparation, 11th or 12th edition.
American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences; 2006, ISBN 0-8461-0005-3. This reference can be ordered from AAFCS at http://www.aafcs.org/Resources/Store.asp#Reference
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Publications
Nutrient Needs at a Glance L-1875 and Safe Home Food Storage B-5031
- USDA MyPlate (USDA) http://www.choosemyplate.gov/ten-tips
Focus on these tip sheets:
- MyPlate, MyWins
- Got Your Dairy Today?
- Add more Vegetables to Your Day
- Vary Your Protein Routine
- Focus on Fruits
- Healthy Eating for Vegetarians
- Make Half Your Grains Whole
- Be Food Safe
- 2015- 2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans Executive Summary (DGA)
- New Nutrition Facts Label – Key Changes – (FDA)
- For official Quiz Bowl contest rules, consult the Texas 4-H Quiz Bowl Guide:
- Food & Nutrition Project – http://texas4-h.tamu.edu/projects/food-nutrition/
- Family & Consumer Sciences: Youth Programs – http://fcs.tamu.edu/youth-programs/
- 2016-17 Nutrition Quiz Bowl – Results
- 2015-16 Nutrition Quiz Bowl – Results
- 2014-15 Nutrition Quiz Bowl – Results
- 2013-14 Nutrition Quiz Bowl – Results